Heger was founded in 1947 by engineer Ragnar Heger. From a humble beginning with production of electrical switches, the production was later expanded to plastic caps for milk bottles.
In late 1950, Heger signed a contract with EMI for the production of gramophone records. This led to the establishment of additional production units in both Sweden and Denmark. In the mid-60s, the production of medical consumables based on centrifugal tubes and thrombin tubes was initiated.
In 1972 Norwegian Hydro took an interest in Heger and purchased the production unit. The facilities was moved from Oslo to Rjukan and rebranded Heger Plastic AS. Since this Heger has been through many changes, the last in 1996, when machinery and equipment was proposed moved abroad.
Production of petridishes has been Heger's main output since 1972. We currently possess state-of-the-art machinery, securing high volume and quality.
In recent years, Heger has focused on the production of niche products. This is partly the reason why we're market leaders in transportation containers and containers intended for shipment of biological samples.
Heger is a leading supplier of plastic articles for all types of laboratories within hospitals, universities and other research facilities. In addition, a large portion of our production is exported to Scandinavia and Western Europe.
In order to offer our customers the widest product range possible, we have also partnered with several major suppliers in Europe and beyond.
Our production unit is always subject to satisfactory hygienic control in cooperation with Fjellab AS. Heger is located at Rjukan with manufacturing and headquarters. In addition, we have a sales office in Horten.